Masks are MANDATORY at Urban Oasis Community Events Center.(Updated 7/22/20)
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting Urban Oasis Community Events Center you & your guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. In an attempt to provide an atmosphere that allows for a great event but to also ensure that each of our guests and staff are as safe as possible, Urban Oasis Community Events Center, LLC will invoke the following “Best Practices”.
• Pre-Clean/Post Clean-Up - As a standard procedure, Urban Oasis will provide a clean & sanitized suite prior to your visit. This cleaning will include but not be limited to; door handles, chairs, tabletops, chafers, utensils, trash receptacles, linens, tent poles, kitchen & restrooms or any other areas deemed appropriate. This cleaning may include UV light cleaning or the use of a commercial fogging device when appropriate.
• Masks & Temperature Check – As guests enter, they will need to have on a mask when the come up to the door as not to create exposure for any of our team members conducting temperature checks. They can wear their own mask or you can purchase one of our corona mask kits (when available) which are sold in 50 & 75 unit bags for your guests. Prior to entering the facility, each guest will be required to sanitize their hands prior to our temperature check. We will use a temperature gun and anyone with a temperature of (100.4 degrees F) or higher will not be allowed to attend the event. Each event attendee will be given a bracelet that must be worn for the DURATION of the event to show that they have participated in the temperature check protocol. Those without a bracelet will need to take a temperature check or may be asked to leave. There will be one entry way into the building and your guests will be required to stand 6’ apart in line upon entry. After entry into the facility we will NOT be policing compliance to safety standards as that is the responsibility of the renter. Masks, per guidelines must be worn at all times unless eating of drinking.
• Rest Rooms - The restroom areas will have germicidal cleaner in spray bottles and paper towels or sanitary wipes made available to disinfect the sink & toilet prior to each use.
• Hand Sanitizer & Germicidal Cleanser- Urban Oasis Community Events Center will supply hand sanitizer liberally throughout the facility inside and out. We will also provide germicidal hand cleaner in all restrooms. In addition, there will be spray bottles and paper towels for guests that may want to clean their seats or other areas that are in heavy usage.
• Social Distancing/Dance Floor – Each of the tables will be placed 8 feet apart which will allow 6’ feet of social distancing space between tables. There will also be 6-8 chairs at each table as the CDC recommendation is a 10-seat limit. It is recommended that guests do not congregate in areas and that masks are kept on to prevent the spread of the coronavirus and to ensure older guests or those with underlying health conditions are not put in unnecessary health risk situations. It is also recommended that there be no dance floor area or dancing due to the inability to social distance on a dance floor.
• Bar Set Up/Chafer Set Up - During the pandemic, Urban Oasis will allow a bar to be set up on the facility, however, due to the number of contacts made with a fixed bar location we ask that no more than two guests visit the bar at a time and still require a mask to be worn. Urban Oasis will still allot 8 chafers/food warmers for our guests. Our Best Practices is for the food to be served to your guests one table at a time with the recommended 6’ separation in the lines as well as masks. Urban Oasis will provide disposable plastic serving aprons and gloves for servers. Each server should be wearing a mask that covers the mouth and nose. The chafers will be placed on two 6-foot tables and there should be no more than 4 servers due to spacing requirements.
• Outdoor Areas/Hoop Court - Weather permitting, we will have the outdoor areas open for usage. This will allow more spacing for social distancing. guests due to social distancing requirements. There is a basketball hoop which can be used by guests. As you are aware it is difficult to social distance on a basketball court so it must be used at your own risk. Urban Oasis does not supply a basketball.
• Clean Up - Guests are required to clean up all debris on all tables and to dispose of all plates and food in chafers. Urban Oasis will provide at least 4 trash receptacles on the interior of the building and additional receptacles outside. The bags will need to be tied and carried to & placed in the dumpster that is located on the southwest side of the parking lot. Clean up should start around 30 minutes prior to your agreed upon departure time to allow us time to clean & sanitize the suite prior to the visitation of the next guest.
Our goal is to provide the support for a safe event for our staff and our guests. Our hope is that each guest will strictly adhere to the “Best Practices” recommendations which are in the best interest of all parties concerned. Please enjoy your visit and thank you for utilizing Urban Oasis, “Columbus’ Premier Private Banquet & Conference Center”!
- Urban Oasis Community Events Center 6/8/2020
Copyright Urban Oasis Community Event Center. All rights reserved.